Here at Pet Travel we like to keep things pretty simple.
We only offer two types of domestic flights:
- Within the island, (e.g. Wellington to Auckland)
- Between the islands, (e.g. Auckland to Christchurch)
Basically, we can send your pets to where ever there is a domestic airport.
- $160.00 for a within the island booking, for up to 20kg including the weight of the cage, for one pet.
- $250.00 for a between the islands booking for up to 20kg, including the weight of the cage, for one pet.
- The above flight prices include a $30.00 service fee charged by Pet Travel.
- Empty crate return from Airport to Airport $60.00 <15kg.
- Please note there is a 3% surcharge on all credit card bookings as of 08.10.18.
There is a $20.00 charge for an extra pet on the consignment (maximum 3 pets and one cage per consignment) and if the weight of the pet/s combined goes over 20kg, then charges will need to be paid at checkin for the extra kilos. These being $5.90 per kg within Island and $10.00 per kg between Islands.
If you are needing to travel 2 pets in 2 cages, this is deemed as two consignments, (2 x Bookings) as each cage is to be booked seperately with its own reference number.
Check in is 70 minutes prior to Departure time.
**Animals fly under the terms and conditions of Air New Zealand. A declaration must be signed at time of checking your pet in.
Here are some useful links for you to look at
Some useful tips for preparing your pet for travel
Don’t overfeed your pet on the morning of travel. A light breakfast is all that is needed.
Please ensure that your pet has some sort of bedding in its travel cage that will absorb moisture if they have a mishap. Puppy pads or newspaper are good to put in the bottom with a light blanket on top. (Our cages come with puppy pads)
Take your dog for a good walk so it goes to the toilet prior to going into its travel crate. This will also help with it wanting to sleep in transit.
We are excited to say that we now ship internationally!
Please email us on email@example.com call us on 021 925592, to discuss your future travel so we can provide you with a quote.