Here at Pet Travel we like to keep things pretty simple.
We only offer two types of domestic flights:
- Within the island, (e.g. Wellington to Auckland)
- Between the islands, (e.g. Auckland to Christchurch)
Basically, we can send your pets to where ever there is a domestic airport.
PRICES AS OF 07.01.19 including the newly introduced Terminal, and animal handling fee.
- $180.00 for a within the island booking, for up to 20kg including the weight of the cage, for one pet.
- $180.00 for a within the island booking over 20kg, including the weight of the cage, for one pet, plus there is and extra $5.90 per kg charge over and above the 20kg. A bond will be required for this.
- $270.00 for a between the islands booking for up to 20kg, including the weight of the cage, for one pet.
- $275.00 for a between the islands booking over 20kg, including the weight of the cage, for one pet, plus there is and extra $10.00 per kg charge over and above the 20kg. A bond will be required for this.
- The above flight prices include a $50.00 (gst inc) service fee charged by Pet Travel.
- Empty crate return from Airport to Airport $70.00 <15kg.
- Please note there is a 3% surcharge on all credit card bookings as of 08.10.18.
There is a $20.00 charge for an extra pet on the consignment (maximum 3 pets, if the cages is a permissible size) and if the weight of the pet/s combined goes over 20kg, then charges will need to be paid to Pet Travel prior to booking. Please discuss this with Pet Travel if you have an over 20kg consignment.
Check in is 70 minutes prior to Departure time. No exceptions.
**Animals fly under the terms and conditions of Air New Zealand. A declaration and indemnity form must be completed and signed at time of checking your pet in with Air New Zealand Cargo.
Here are some useful links for you to look at
Some useful tips for preparing your pet for travel
Don’t overfeed your pet on the morning of travel. A light breakfast is all that is needed.
Please ensure that your pet has some sort of bedding in its travel cage that will absorb moisture if they have a mishap. Puppy pads or newspaper are good to put in the bottom with a light blanket on top. (Our cages come with puppy pads)
Take your dog for a good walk so it goes to the toilet prior to going into its travel crate. This will also help with it wanting to sleep in transit.
Please ensure your pets cage is labeled correctly with the consignees name, phone number, the destination airport and also the booking reference number on it.
We are excited to say that we now ship internationally!
Please email us on email@example.com call us on 021 925592, to discuss your future travel so we can provide you with a quote.